Conceived by a group of motivated surgeons in 2007, The Arizona Trauma Association (ATA), formerly AZTrACC, shared a common goal: to improve the delivery of health care to injured patients throughout the state of Arizona by supporting collaborative research, education and outreach activities of trauma centers in the state of Arizona.
Mission, Values, Vision
ARIZONA TRAUMA ASSOCIATION is a multidisciplinary, trauma collaborative for Arizona healthcare providers and organizational leaders that improves care for injured patients through education, advocacy, prevention, and research.
- Leadership: We influence the Arizona trauma care system to improve patient outcomes.
- Shared-Expertise: We invest in education, quality improvement, and research to cultivate optimal care.
- Collaboration: We build partnerships to develop access to trauma care and promote injury prevention.
ARIZONA TRAUMA ASSOCIATION is an influential trauma collaborative for the continuous improvement of the delivery of care for injured patients within Arizona.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors consists of a single representative of each of the participating trauma centers in the State of Arizona. They are responsible for maintaining the mission, values and vision of the Arizona Trauma Association (ATA). The Chairman of the Board is the President of ATA and is typically a non-voting member.
Joseph Sucher, MD, FACS, HonorHealth Deer Valley Medical Center
Todd Nickoles, Phoenix Children’s Hospital
Heather Miller, Kingman Regional Medical Center
- Immediate Past President:
Charles Hu, MD, MBA, FACS, Dignity Health Chandler Regional Medical Center
- Abrazo West Valley Campus
- Kingman Regional Medical Center
- Dignity Health Chandler Regional Medical Center
- Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center
- HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Medical Center
- HonorHealth Deer Valley Medical Center
- Flagstaff Medical Center
- Banner University Medical Center-Phoenix
- Havasu Regional Medical Center
- Banner University of Arizona Tucson Medical Center
- Tuba City Regional Healthcare
- Valleywise Medical Health Center (Maricopa Medical Center)
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Southwest Trauma & Acute Care Symposium (STACS) Chair:
David Notrica, MD, FACS, FAAP
- Southwest Trauma & Acute Care Symposium (STACS) Co-Chair / Simulcast & Marketing Chair
Chris K Salvino, MD, MS, MS, MT, FACS
- Fundraising Chairs
Alicia Mangram, MD
Gina Shirah, MD
For more information about the Board of Directors or other ATA leaders, please view our Committees page.