2021 Meeting Date and Location
- Virtual Symposium, October 7 – 8, 2021
Daniel M. Caruso Academic Session
including Resident/Fellow and Best Practice Competitions
2021 Abstract Due Date: Submission materials for all abstracts are due on or before September 15, 2021.
Please read carefully! This is an opportunity for posters and video presentation in front of the Symposium audience.
- Who can submit? Anyone is eligible to submit an abstract for this session and the Best Practice Competition (nonphysician). However, the Resident/Fellow Competition is limited to MDs currently in training (residency, fellowship).
- CLARIFICATION FOR ARIZONA SURGICAL RESIDENTS/FELLOWS – The Arizona Chapter of the ACS Resident/Fellow Competition is distinct from this event. Residents/Fellows may submit ACS Competition Papers for this STACS Resident/Fellow Competition.
- What must be submitted? This year, accepted abstracts will display on the conference site as a .pdf and a 5-minute pre-recorded podium (video) presentation. The initial submission will consist of your abstract (no more than 300 words) and your poster as a .pdf. If accepted, the video will need to be submitted to the virtual host no less than one week prior to the conference.
- Additional information – READ CAREFULLY:
- Abstracts accepted for inclusion in the conference will be notified by Arizona Trauma Association to the Corresponding Author listed on the submission.
- An individual may submit more than one abstract.
- Abstract content should be your original work. It is acceptable to have presented your work at other meetings; however, work that has been published in journals may not be submitted.
- The presenting author will also be required to complete a financial disclosure for CME purposes.
- Please limit your .pdf to <10 slides if using PowerPoint.
- Individuals whose abstracts are accepted must register for STACS but will not be charged a registration fee to attend.
Winners will be announced in a live, virtual broadcast on Friday, October 8, 2021. The following prizes will be awarded to each of the winners as follows:
Resident/Fellow Competition Best Practices Competition
$250 – First Place $250 – First Place
$125 – Second Place $125 – Second Place
$75 – Third Place $75 – Third Place